To convert an OpenEdge 10 database to OpenEdge 11, the same Steps outlined below can be used with the 101dbutils/101a_dbutil or 102dbutils/102b05_dbutil instead of using either the 91_dbutil and 91_proutil executables to repair the Control Area. For example:
$ DLC/bin/102dbutils/102b05_dbutil prostrct repair dbname dbname.st
For further information on using the 101 or 102 database utilities, refer to the README file provided in the version 11 installation:
<DLC directory>/bin/101dbutils/README (only for OpenEdge 10.1A)
<DLC directory>/bin/102dbutils/README (for OpenEdge 10.1B to 10.2B)
The OpenEdge 10 database can then be converted to an OpenEdge 11 database with the OpenEdge 11 executable: proutil dbname -C conv1011
The following Steps can be used to convert a Progress version 9 database to OpenEdge 10 when the following conditions hold:
- A version 9 database has been moved to a new machine where OpenEdge 10 has been installed.
- The directory where the version 9 database has been placed on the new machine is different from what it was originally.
- The migration is between Progress/OpenEdge versions on the same supported Platform.
To convert a Progress version 9 database to OpenEdge 10 using conv910:
1. From an environment where the DLC and PATH environment variables have been correctly set for the OpenEdge 10 install (DLC/bin/proenv), place the following at the front of the PATH environment variable:
[UNIX] PATH=$DLC/bin/91dbutils:$PATH; export PATH
2. Change the convmap to version 9:
[WINDOWS] set PROCONV=%DLC%\bin\91dbutils\convmap.cp
[UNIX] PROCONV=$DLC/bin/91dbutils/convmap.cp; export PROCONV
3. Edit the structure file of the version 9 database so that all the paths to the database files are set to the fully qualified path on the new machine.
4. Repair the version 9 database structure with the version 9 executable:
$ 91_dbutil prostrct repair <dbname> <dbname.st>
5. Truncate the version 9 database with the version 9 executable:
$ 91_proutil <dbname> -C trunc bi -G 3
6. Take a backup of the version 9 database:
$ 91_dbutil probkup <dbname> <device>
7. Either open a new Version 10 PROENV session or in the existing shell change the convmap back to version 10:
[WINDOWS] set PROCONV=%DLC%\convmap.cp
[UNIX] PROCONV=$DLC/convmap.cp; export PROCONV
8. Convert the version 9 database to version 10 database with conv910:
$ proutil <dbname> -C conv910
9. The database has been successfully converted to OpenEdge 10.
- It is recommended to make a baseline backup of the converted database at this point.
- Optionally update the OpenEdge 10 VST's
$ proutil <dbname> -C updatevst