This is a problem with configuration and run time files for Crystal Reports. The error could be generated for several reasons:
1. There are missing runtime files on the client computer.
2. The report does not match the installed version of Crystal Reports. (Inconsistent minor versions between reports and installed version of Crystal Reports.)
3. The definition and directory permissions where the report is stored.
4. Crystal Reports registers and needs some DLL's to run. Sometimes these dll's are already installed and are loaded instead of the correct version. The following run time dll's are used by Crystal Reports :
Crqe.dll (Crystal Reports Query Engine. It has be registered in the system)
Ufmanager.dll (Manager for loading focus units)
Craxdrt.dll (Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Runtime 11)
Crviewer.dll (Crystal Reports viewer. This DLL is only needed if the application previews the report)
5. The report might be corrupted and needs to be checked against the database from the designer.
6. The client computer does not have the 'CommonFiles' registry subkey.