The reason for the error is the driver is not properly licensed. Typically, this errors occur when using a copy of the driver that has been locked for OEM use with a particular application.
- XYZ Corp has licensed and shipped a copy of the Connect for ODBC Oracle WP driver
- In that process, the driver has been renamed from its original name, ivora27.dll, to XYZ Corp's company-specific name, xyora27.dll
- A data source using xyora27.dll driver is set up and an attempt to connect to that data source from something other than XYZ Corp's application
- The application throws the error "The DataDirect ODBC driver you are attempting to access has been provided to you by Company_ABC..."
This error message reflects that xyora27.dll is locked for use by XYZ Corp's application only. It is not an "open" license for use with any application. No other application is able to use that driver except the application for which it is locked. To connect to that ODBC driver with any other application, obtain a valid, open license driver by contacting DataDirect Technologies Sales team.
If the user already has an open driver installed, either licensed or evaluation, but are still seeing this error, try the following:
On UNIX: Verify that your library path is set correctly to your open driver installation.
OEM vendors should unlock the ODBC drivers as per the instructions in the OEM ODBC Distribution Guide.
- In the ODBC Administrator, verify that the data source is using the DataDirect Technologies driver, not a driver with any other company name
- In the ODBC Administrator, verify on the Drivers tab that the file in use begins with iv(32-bit) or dd(64-bit_ and is located in the directory to which the DataDirect Technologies Connect for ODBC open (licensed or evaluation) driver is installed.
- In the Windows registry, check the location of the files listed for the Setup and Driver keys under the driver name at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI. Those keys should point to iv*(32-bit) or dd*(64-bit) files in the directory in which the DataDirect Technologies Connect for ODBC open (licensed or evaluation) driver is installed.