The Connect Series for ODBC User's Guide lists these permissions as necessary to create the DB2 packages:
- BINDADD for binding packages
- CREATEIN on the collection specified by the Package Collection option
- GRANT EXECUTE on the PUBLIC group for executing the packages
In more detail:
- For DB2 on OS/390 or MVS, need one of the following authorities:
or BINDADD and CREATE IN COLLECTION your-collection. need the CREATE IN authority if one only have the BINDADD authority.
- For DB2 for OS/400, need CHANGE authority or higher on the collection where one want to create the package.
- For DB2 on Windows, UNIX, & Linux, need DBADM authority. Connect using ODBC driver with a user ID with DBADM privileges to create packages.
To set authorities for a specific user, type the following at a DB2 command prompt:
GRANT DBADM, CREATETAB, BINDADD, CONNECT ON DATABASE TO USER (username)
Replace (username) with the name of the user ID that use to log on with when using the driver.