Make sure the following are set correctly:
- Set the environment variable LANG to en_US :
export LANG=en_US (ksh shell)
setenv LANG en_US (csh shell)
- Ensure that the environment variable ODBCINI (or ODBC_INI) is pointing to the proper odbc.ini file
- Ensure that in the [ODBC] section of your odbc.ini file the correct installation path of the ODBC drivers is specified for InstallDir
- Make sure the .mo / .po messages files exist (odbcinstaldir/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES) and can be loaded by your application
Act upon the error text which is returned.
For example: 523 80 will be translated to
523 "[DataDirect][ODBC lib]"
80 "Specified driver could not be loaded"
For this error message:
- Verify if the specified driver name location in your odbc datasource is correct
- Verify if the ODBCINI is pointing to the expected odbc.ini
- Verify if the Driver entry of the ODBC data source is pointing to a library specific for this platform (use the 'file driverlibname' command)
- Verify if the library path environment variable contains the odbc/lib directory
- Verify that the security settings on the drivers and files have not been removed or changed so that the current user no longer has permissions to use the files.
- Ensure to use a 32-bit app with 32-bit ODBC drivers, versus 64-bit app with 64-bit ODBC drivers