1) Start up PDS for OpenEdge.
2) Create a new project
3) The Create Project page appears. Select the Client button and the GUI for .NET radio button.
Note: On versions of PDS for OpenEdge prior to 11.7.x, the Create Project page is slightly different.
4) When the Project is created, right click the project name and select ABL Form.
5) The visual designer appears which includes the Toolbox.
6) In the Toolbox, click the plus sign next to Microsoft Controls.
7) Select the WebBrowser control and place it onto the form.
8) Click save.
9) Right click in the form, in the visual designer and select View Source.
10) The source code representing the form appears on the screen.
11) Find the Method entitled InitializeComponent and find where the WebBrowser control is instantiated. Record the name of the
WebBrowser variable. In this case, it is webBrowser1.
12) Add a new public method called openWebBrowser().
13) Add a call to the WebBrowser's Navigate method. The method might look like the following:
METHOD PUBLIC VOID openWebBrowser():
14) Save the changes.
15) In the file RunForm1.p, the form is instantiated. Add a call to the new method as follows:
rTemp = NEW test_form ( ) .
16) Save the changes.
17) Run the procedure (RunForm1.p)
18) The form appears. The web browser appears containing the contents of the web page.