Please take the following into consideration:
- The SQLSCHEMA utility cannot write definitions for ABL tables in Progress 9 and OpenEdge 10.0x.This restriction is lifted in OpenEdge 10.1A and later.
- The SQLSCHEMA utility cannot generate an equivalent to the Data Administration's incremental (delta) DF. Please use a text comparison tool on the .dfsql files to extract the differences.
- SQLDUMP and SQLLOAD utilities do not support tables with LVARBINARY (BLOB) and LVARCHAR (CLOB) column data. Use Binary Dump and Load for tables that contain such data.
- The case used for the database name must match the case structure of the physical database file name.
- If any SQL tables are created in the pub schema, the _file._creator field will contain the actual userid of the SQL user who created the table, while tables created by the ABL always show "PUB" for the _creator. To generate a list of these tables to be used in when using the sql dump utilities, run code similar to the following:
OUTPUT TO pubsqltbls.txt.
FOR EACH _file WHERE _tbl-type EQ "T" AND
_owner EQ "PUB" AND
_creator NE "PUB" NO-LOCK:
PUT UNFORMATTED _file._file-name ",".
References to Other Documentation:
Progress Database Administration Guide and Reference: "Database Administration Utilities,SQLSCHEMA Utility"
Progress SQL-92 Guide and Reference: "Starting SQL Explorer in Character Mode"
Progress Database Administration Guide and Reference: "Database Administration Utilities,SQLDUMP Utility"
Progress Database Administration Guide and Reference: "Database Administration Utilities,SQLLOAD Utility"