The SQL-92 Client Access license contains the ODBC and JDBC drivers together with the necessary files to support ODBC connections to the Progress/OpenEdge SQL-92 engine (_sqlsrv2). Starting with OpenEdge 10.0A the SQL Client Access is no longer a paid product. It is available as a free Deployment Component and can be found in the Progress Electronic Software Download Page (ESD).
In order to establish a SQL-92 ODBC or JDBC connection to a Progress / OpenEdge Database a Progress Client license of the same major version is required if the client does not exist in the already existing license package.
While the SQL Client Access license is minimum license required, any of the following products will also provide support for SQL-92 connections.
The ODBC and JDBC drivers are obtained by performing a complete installation one of the following licenses:
- 4GL Development
- Client Networking
- Enterprise Database
- ProVision (Progress 9.x)
- ProVision Plus (Progress 9.x)
- Provision Development Server
- Provision Plus Development Server
- Secure AppServer
- SQL-92 Client Access (Typical Install will provide the ODBC Drivers).
- WebSpeed Development Server
- WebSpeed Enterprise Transaction Server
- WebSpeed Transaction Server
- Workgroup Database
- OpenEdge Studio (OpenEdge 10.x, 11.x)
- Progress Development Studio OE (OpenEdge 11.x)
- OpenEdge Architect (OpenEdge 10.x)