Remote Debugger terminates/Disconnects AppServer Agents hang
OS: Unix, Linux
|Steps to Reproduce||1. Create a sports2000 database
2. Configure a Classic AppServer for debugging. Name it asbroker3 and use default port 3099
3. In PDSOE create a Debug Configuration using: Progress External OpenEdge AVM. In the Connection type select “AppServer broker”.
4. In the working directory, create a folder named: CustomerOrders and extract CustomerOrders_onServer.zip file attached to the article.
5. Extract to c:\temp or any other folder CustomerOrders_client.zip file. This file includes an OpenClient program that connects to asbroker3.
Also, the java openclient proxy is included, just set the following environment variables:
(This is OE 11.7.2, please update paths according to the OpenEdge version)
6. Start the AppServer from PDSOE (as Debug) so in the Debug Perspective the broker shows that is at <hostname>:3099 (check the AppServer Status, agents must be AVAILABLE)
7. Set a breakpoint in the code on line 20
8. Run OpenClient code. Check AppServer agent status, it should be RUNNING
9. Click on the root element in the tree displayed in the Debug pane in Debug perspective in PDSOE. The one that says: asbroker3 at <host>:3099
10 .Click on the button “Disconnect”. Now check the AppServer Status, it should say RUNNING. Look at the window where the code is running, it is waiting or hanging there. Ctrl-c and stop the program. Check the Appserver status, it’s still in RUNNING.
11. Getting progetstack of the AppServer agent it says that is on Line 1, when the breakpoint was set on line 20
12. Now run the Debug Configuration created above. The root element in the Debug pane is :
<debug configuration> [Progress External OpenEdge AVM]
13. Run OpenClient code. It should stop. (Check agent status, it should be RUNNING)
14. Click on the Configuration element (<debug configuration> [Progress External OpenEdge AVM]). You should have 2 buttons enabled on the toolbar “Terminate” and “Disconnect”. Press Terminate. Check the AppServer status, it is RUNNING. The code is still running.
15. Same issue when using option “Terminate/Disconnect all” from the right-click menu in the debug perspective.
|Defect/Enhancement Number||Defect PSC00363589|
|Last Modified Date||4/20/2018 3:59 PM|