Reference the following for ways to make Custom Extensions recognizable to Corticon Studio 5.7.x and above:
- In Corticon Studio's 5.7.x and above Project Explorer, add the Custom Extension JAR to the Corticon Rule Project by right mouse clicking the Rule Project and selecting Properties > Corticon Extensions > Add and navigating to the custom Extension JAR file and then clicking Open.
- If using a custom extension plug-in from Corticon Studio version 5.5.x which is compatible with version 5.7.x and above, the following can also be done for Custom Extension recognition:
1) Edit the name of the plugin to include a version higher than the Corticon Studio version installed.
If Corticon Studio 5.7.2 is installed, then typically a file such as the following will be installed: C:\Program Files\Progress\Corticon 5.7\Studio\eclipse\plugins\com.corticon.eclipse.studio.operations.extended.core_5.7.2_20190805_0725.jar
. (This file can also be removed and saved in another location.)
Therefore, name the Custom Extension plug-in something similar to: com.corticon.eclipse.studio.operations.extended.core_6.7.2_20190805_0725.jar
2) Copy the newly named extension plug-in JAR file to the Corticon 5.7 eclipse plugin directory: C:\Program Files\Progress\Corticon
3) Make sure Corticon Studio 5.7 is being run with the -clean option. to force the system to rebuild the bundle cache and ensure the proper loading of the plugin.
Progress Article 000091554, Starting Corticon Studio with the -clean option
4) Make sure that when launching Corticon Studio for the first time after adding the new plug-in, that it is launched with administrator privileges (right-click Corticon Studio from the Start menu, and then choose Run as administrator
) so that the plug-in gets properly installed and registered. Do this whenever the plugin is updated.