Currently Pro2 deployment requires a Professional Services engagement as each environment configuration is different and requires customizations.
At a high level a Pro2 deployment with triggers requires the following steps:
- Either create a repl db to hold the repl tables or embed repl tables in the source database.
- Create a DSN for the target database
- Edit Pro2 pf files and configure it to connect to all databases(source, target, repl)
- Generate the target creation SQL code via the Pro2 Admin utility.
- Run the SQL code on the target side.
- Create the DataServer schema holder and schema image.
- Map the tables to be replicated in the Pro2 admin utility.
- Generate the processor and bulk-loader libraries.
- Generate the triggers.
- Place triggers in a location that the application clients have access to via their PROPATH( These are clients that access and modify the source).
- Run the replTrigInsert.p to insert triggers into the new databases( Make sure there aren't any existing replication triggers as this will require the triggers to be merged)
- Create tasks in the task scheduler to auto start the Pro2 threads.