Edit the AdminServerPlugins.properties file in $DLC/properties directory and add the following new Plugin Policy Group.
Note that the port number used here is arbitrary and does not have to be 5555.
Choose any port number as long as it is not already being used by another process:
- Modify the section: [PluginPolicy.Progress]
- Add the following to any jvmargs settings that might already exist.
Example if nothing is defined for the jvmargs (note that this is one long line):
- Restart the AdminServer
- Verify that the port is listening, for example: using the command netstat -na | grep 5555
- If jconsole has not been installed then install an appropriate Java Development Kit (jconsole is provided in the JDK)
If the jmxremote port was defined as 5555 and it was running remotely on machine, for example myremotehost1, then the proper jconsole command to connect to it would be:
This will bring up a GUI interface for jconsole. It will require a username and password to connect to the AdminServer.
JConsole allows data presented in the charts to be saved in a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file.
- To save data from a chart, simply right-click on any chart.
- Select Save data as...
- Specify the file in which the data will be saved.
Data from any of the charts displayed can be saved for any of JConsole's different tabs using this method..