One of the most common approaches of migrating an SQL Server Database to a new instance of an SQL server is the backup and restore strategy.How to back up a Database in SQL Server Management Studio:
1. After connecting to the appropriate instance of the Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine, in Object Explorer, click the server name to expand the server tree.
2. Expand Databases and right click on the required Database.
3. Right-click the database, point to Tasks, and then click Back Up. The Back Up Database dialog box appears.
4. Follow the prompts to complete the back up of the Database.
After the above steps a backup of the Database is complete and the file should look like this "MyDatabaseName.bak"How to restore a backed up Database in SQL Server Management Studio:
1. In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine and then expand that instance.
2. Right-click Database and select Restore Database...
3. Select Device to manually specify the file or device to restore and add the backed up Database("MyDatabaseName.bak").
4. Click Ok and wait for the restoring process to complete.